Friday, July 31, 2015
Posted by Paul Ballentine on Friday, July 31, 2015
As a veteran, you can be eligible for financial and other supportive benefits that help you return to school. Taking advantage of these benefits can seem daunting at first. But the more you know about the process, the less stressful it becomes. Here is an overview of the most important steps you should take to make informed decisions about going back to school, and how Peirce can help you complete them.
1. Connect with your dedicated military enrollment representative, Karen Hun. At Peirce, Karen is our expert on the process of returning to school for military members and veterans. She can support you through the admissions process, help you figure out your benefits, guide you as you navigate financial aid, choose the degree program that is the best fit and select courses. Karen’s worked with many veterans returning to school, and knows what it takes to ensure a smooth transition. At Peirce, we have designated military focused representatives in admissions, advising, and financial aid, so you’ll receive wrap around support.
2. Apply for VA benefits. This is critical—applying for VA benefits kicks off your entire process for taking advantage of military education benefits. There are several ways to apply for VA benefits, including online and in person. Visit the Department of Veterans Affairs website to get started.
2. Understand all your financial benefits. The biggest ways to receive financial benefits from your military service is through the VA’s GI Bill Yellow Ribbon Program. Peirce College is a Yellow Ribbon School and SOC (Servicemembers’ Opportunity Colleges) approved school. We also offer additional benefits through DANTES , which lets you earn college credit based on knowledge and experience obtained during and after service.
4. Apply for financial aid and scholarships. There are many opportunities for financial aid and scholarships available to veterans. Ask Karen about the assistance you’re eligible for. You can also search for other scholarships through resources including Military.com’s Scholarship Finder, U.S. Veterans Magazine, and Fastweb.
5. Get to know the veterans support services available at Peirce. Veterans support services vary from school to school. Look for a college or university that offers many ways to succeed in your educational journey, such as military advisors in addition to academic advisors, a career center with staff dedicated to serving veterans, flexible degree programs, financial assistance, and a strong military community.
6. Determine whether taking classes online, on-campus, or both works best for you. Flexibility is often key to completing your degree program. In addition, some military benefits require you to take at least half of your classes on campus. The other half can be taken on campus or online. At Peirce, we offer both on-campus and online classes. You’ll have the option to choose which format works best for your learning style and educational goals. You can also combine both formats to find the best fit for your schedule.
Looking for more information from here? Begin your journey and contact your enrollment representative Karen Hun today.
Friday, July 24, 2015
Posted by Paul Ballentine on Friday, July 24, 2015
If you’ve ever wondered if now is the right time to return to school or thought you were too busy to pursue an education, you’ll want to attend the Peirce open house on Saturday August 1 at 10:30AM. Attend the open house to learn more about the undergraduate degree programs Peirce offers that help working adults advance in some of the most in-demand careers in the Philadelphia region.
At Peirce, we understand the challenges that working adults face and are committed to helping you maintain a healthy work-life balance while pursuing your education in a way that’s most convenient for you. In fact, it’s been a commitment we’ve maintained for over 150 years. Here’s your chance to see that commitment in action as you learn about our on-campus, online, and even flexible options that let you choose from week to week how you’ll attend class. In addition, you’ll learn about the many programs and support services we offer for working adults.
|This could be the Day that Changes Everything|
The Peirce College open house is a personalized experience where you’ll get actionable insights about what your journey at Peirce will look like. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know the faculty of the area of study you wish to pursue in one-on-one breakout sessions, speak to admissions about your financial aid and scholarship options, and receive an on-the-spot evaluation of your transcripts. You’ll also have the chance to meet and network with Peirce alumni.
If you’re serious about achieving your goals and advancing your careers, there’s no better time to get started. Come, learn, take action, and if you’re ready we’ll even waive the $50 application fee for those who apply at the open house. We hope to see you there! You can do it. Peirce can help.