won a trophy for “Rookie of the Year” in our league. On top of that, Peirce Program Advisor Mariesa Hinchey was presented with the Sam Walton Fellowship for her role as an advisor to the chapter during an awards ceremony that concluded the event.
Part of an annual series of regional, national, and international competitions, the event served as a forum for teams to present the results of their projects, which are judged based on their ability to improve the quality of life for people in need.
These competitions and projects support SIFE’s overall mission: “Bringing together the top leaders of today and tomorrow to create a better, more sustainable world through the positive power of business.”
The organization's goals and efforts are explained as follows on the SIFE website:
SIFE brings together a diverse network of university students, academic professionals and industry leaders around the shared mission of creating a better, more sustainable world through the positive power of business. By contributing their talents to projects that improve the lives of people worldwide, SIFE participants are demonstrating that individuals with a knowledge and passion for business can be a powerful force for change.
Four of our chapter’s 10 members presented the three projects that the Peirce team has been working on. The first project is focused on helping high school students at the Science Leadership Academy with social entrepreneurial skills. The second is in regard to building basic financial literacy skills with Peirce students, and the third concentrates on the evaluation and improvement of the environmental impact of Peirce College and its students, faculty, and staff. Please join me in congratulating the team for a job well done!
- Niche Adderly, Business Administration, Management
- Michelle Fleming, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship
- Janis Garfield ’10, Business Administration, Management
- Sophonie Zamor ’10, Business Administration, Management
- Gary Thompson ’10, Business Administration, Management; Chapter President
- La-Neen Philpot, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship
- George Courtnye, Business Administration, Management
- Davon Hubbard, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship
- Roxanne Williams, Business Administration, Management
Congratulations to the entire Peirce SIFE team for all of their hard work, and to Mariesa for her guidance. The group’s awards will be displayed in the Walker Center for Academic Excellence and Peirce President James J. Mergiotti will celebrate their efforts at a special luncheon to be held on Tuesday, April 20. The recognition is well deserved!