Philly Adult Learners gives prospective students in the Philadelphia region all the information they need about earning a degree, whether they're deciding if it's the right direction for them, applying to schools, or are already enrolled and looking for a support system.
Peirce looked at the local marketplace and felt that there was not enough information out there to help working adults figure out if they can make the leap to return to school. We decided to close that gap, and Philly Adult Learners was born.
We hope this site makes it easy to find the information you need to make smart decisions about continuing your education and succeeding on the road to degree completion. We've done our best to give working adults the tools they need to change their lives for the better. Here are just a few examples:
- Demystifying the admissions process. Peirce College admissions representative explains the college application process.
- Understanding the benefits of online learning. Jon Lenrow, Associate Dean, Academic Operations and Faculty Support at Peirce, discusses the effectiveness of classes that meet online.
- Continuing education for U.S. service members. There's a lot of financial support for members of the military. Find out what loans, scholarships, and grants are available to the enlisted and veterans.
- Perfecting your resume. Describing education, experience, and skills in one page can be a challenge. Use one of these resume samples as a template to create your own.
- Stress management advice. Add a degree program to a busy work schedule and family life, and it's easy to get overwhelmed. Here are some tips for managing and mitigating stressful situations.
Please note: As of August 2015, PhillyAdultLearners is no longer active.