And chances are, you’re eligible for more scholarships than you think. Your school, local businesses or organizations you’re involved in, your employer, your heritage -- many of these open doors to small scholarships.
Don’t miss out on these opportunities that are right at your fingertips! A recent Wall Street Journal article by reporter Emily Glazer talks about how students are finding that smaller scholarships can be a big help when it comes to financing their education.
At Peirce, we have a variety of scholarships of all sizes to help our students finance their education.
The deadline for one great resource, our President’s scholarship competition, is quickly approaching. It’s an opportunity you shouldn’t pass up.
Who can apply? New applicants or current Peirce College students seeking their bachelor’s degree who have fewer than 15 credits
How much? Up to $10,000
Deadline: Oct. 31, 2011
Interested? Read on for the full competition guidelines to make sure you complete the necessary elements to be considered.
To enter, each candidate must submit a scholarship review package consisting of the following:
- An essay: In an essay titled, “My career aspirations and reasons for pursuing a degree at Peirce College,” candidates must answer the following four questions:
- Why Peirce?
- Why are you interested in pursuing your degree?
- What program of study do you want to pursue?
- How do you believe a degree will help you succeed in your career?
- Please include information about prior academic success, work or internship experience, and/or community service as appropriate. Format guidelines: Your essay should be two to three pages, double spaced, Times New Roman font, 12-point font size, with one-inch top, bottom, and side margins.
President’s Scholarship Competition
Peirce College, Attention: Admissions
1420 Pine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Candidate interviews will be conducted on Nov. 19 with a scholarship review panel, and scholarship winners will be announced by the end of December. Best of luck to all candidates!
Questions? Contact the Admissions department at 888.GO.PEIRCE, ext. 9000 (888.467.3472), email us, or request more information about Peirce's scholarship competitions.