|DISCOVER: Our CDS workshops can give you |
the job search advice you're looking for.
The Session 2 Workshop Schedule is now available, and over the next few months we’ll be offering the following workshops:
- Transferable Skills: Career Change Tips. Considering a career change, but aren’t sure how to match your skill set to a new position? We’ll cover tips for creating your resume and writing a cover letter that are tailored to the position you’re applying for. This workshop can benefit career changers, those new to the workplace, and those who want to discover new techniques to improve their resume.
- Job Search Techniques. You will learn how to balance your job search with the rest of life’s responsibilities. Some skills you’ll learn to hone include time management and networking. You’ll also discover how to capitalize on social media and online job boards in your job search process.
- Interviewing Skills. You will learn interviewing strategies that can help you break the ice, build rapport, communicate your skills, address any negatives employers might see on your resume (including employment gaps), and respond to tricky questions.
- Professional Etiquette Luncheon. Adding the element of a meal to a business meeting can be daunting if you’re not properly prepared. Participate in this luncheon to learn the basics of dining etiquette and how to conduct business over a meal.
- Mocktails: Networking Etiquette. This workshop will cover all the basics of how to network, including how to dress, who to approach, what to say, and what foods and drinks to have. You’ll enjoy mocktails while learning how to work a room. We’ll also be sharing more tips for networking here on the blog closer to this event.
For details on dates, times, and locations, check out our workshop schedule. For all events, please RSVP by contacting us at CDS@Peirce.edu or 215.670.9202.
And as always, if the workshop you're looking for is not available, please contact us at 888.467.3472, ext. 9202, or CDS@Peirce.edu, to make an appointment for a one-on-one session with a counselor.
Which one of our job search events are you most looking forward to attending? Are there any topics you'd like to see us cover in a future event?