|BUILD A NETWORK: Speak with professionals|
at our Job Fair on Nov. 15
This event is open to all Peirce students and alumni who want to explore new internships, part-time, or full-time opportunities in the Philadelphia area. Participating employers include
- Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission
- Philadelphia Police Department
- Philadelphia Gas Works
- American Red Cross
- LIFT – Philadelphia
- Schuler Consultants
- Ranstad USA
- Staffing Plus
- Jefferson University Hospital
- Wells Fargo
- Phillybass'd Entertainment
- New York Life
- Cardone Industries
- Innovations HomeCare
- Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Co.
- The Dubin Group
- It Works Global
- Benefits Data Trust
- City Of Philadelphia
- Campaign For Working Families
- The Consortium Inc.
- Bottom Dollar Food
- PA CareerLink
- Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General
- Veterans Multi-Service Center
- Transamerica Agency Network
- SEKO Logistics
- Create the Look
Workshop attendees will learn about the best ways to present themselves to employers and stand out from the crowd. These workshops will take place in room 69 on Thursday, Nov. 7 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Friday, Nov. 8 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Be sure to come to these events prior to the Fair to make sure you’re ready to speak with potential employers.
To attend either of the Job Fair Prep Workshops, RSVP to CDS@peirce.edu or 215.670.9202 by Nov. 6. If you’re planning to attend the Job Fair, please RSVP by Nov. 13 at http://peircejobfair.eventbrite.com.
We also have two other upcoming Career Development Services events that you should keep on your radar:
- Mocktails: Networking Etiquette. Held on Dec. 4 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in rooms 51 and 52, our annual Mocktails event gives students and alumni the opportunity to work a room, get to know area employers, and hone their networking skills. Attendees are encouraged to come to the event professionally dressed and prepared with their elevator speech. We covered our Mocktails event in detail last year, so be sure to check back for more tips on preparation and participation for this networking event. Please RSVP by Dec. 2 to CDS@peirce.edu or 215-670-9202.
- Interview Skills. Have you ever walked out of an interview convinced that you nailed it, only to not be offered the position? We’ve all been there! During our Interview Skills workshop on Dec. 10 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in rooms 51 and 52, you will learn interviewing strategies that can help you break the ice, build rapport, communicate your skills effectively, address red flags on your resume (including employment gaps), and respond to tricky questions. You will also have an opportunity to practice your interviewing skills. If you plan to attend, please let us know by Dec. 8 at CDS@peirce.edu.