Monday, August 10, 2015

A Step Ahead: Getting Peirce College Credit for Prior Experience and Learning

As an institution with a commitment to working adult learners, we frequently encounter students that have obtained relevant experience and credits from previous educational institutions they’ve attended. Knowing the importance of this real-world experience, we encourage students to leverage the many different ways this could translate into college credits they can apply at Peirce. 

One of the most common ways students can do this is by taking the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). CLEP allows students who have previously completed coursework or gained knowledge and experience through related non-traditional education to demonstrate that knowledge and apply it towards college credits. Whether the knowledge was gained through independent study, job training, internships, professional development or other methods, CLEP offers exams in a variety of subjects that can translate into valuable credits. 

Another common way to earn credits at Peirce College is by transferring from a community college. Peirce has articulation agreements with almost every community college in the Philadelphia region, including South Jersey, and select colleges in Delaware. For students coming to Peirce from one of these colleges, the transfer process is seamless and if you’ve already received your associate’s degree, you’re about 60 credits away from obtaining your bachelor’s degree. 

For students transferring from a college without a Peirce articulation agreement, there’s still opportunity to apply those credits by working with a Peirce admissions representative to have your credits evaluated.  

As a college with a long history of supporting military students, Peirce is proud to work with each individual student to help them obtain credits for knowledge and experience gained by serving. Students are encouraged to take the Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support (DANTES) exam to determine their eligibility. Find out more by contacting Peirce’s dedicated military enrollment representative, Karen Hun.

If you feel you have prior knowledge and experience that could be applied for Peirce course credit, don’t hesitate to reach out to admissions for a full evaluation. From AP exams to working adults who have received on-the-job training and even internships, find out how you can get a step ahead in your education. You could be closer to obtaining your degree than you realize! 

Contact an enrollment representative today at 888.467.3472, extension 9214, or email